Cheesy baked chicken empanadas are absolutely delicious and surprisingly easy to form . These are the right party food, or a fun and straightforward dinner!
Why you’ll love this Easy Chicken Empanadas recipe:
- PERFECT SIZE: These are easy to carry and eat the go, which makes them an excellent party food.
- BAKED NOT FRIED: Baked empanadas are a touch bit lighter, and tons easier to form in big batches.
- EASY RECIPE: This recipe couldn’t be simpler. The filling is straightforward to form , and pre-made dough means it’s hassle-free.
How to make Chicken Empanadas from Scratch
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare baking sheets. Set the dough out on the counter for quarter-hour before assembling the empanadas.
- Make the chicken empanada filling by combining ingredients (cheese, scallions, and spices) during a large bowl. Then gently add within the chicken (shredded or cubed).
- Roll out the dough and dig a complete of 14 pastry rounds.
- Whisk together an egg with water to form the egg wash, then brush it over the sides of the dough.
- Place 1 tablespoon of chicken filling in each pastry round, fold them over in half, and gently press the filling right down to bring edges together.
- Brush them with the egg wash, press edges together, and use a fork to crimp the sides .
- Sprinkle them with sea salt, arrange them on the baking sheets, and make slits in each empanada.
- Bake 20-22 minutes, switching tray placement halfway through.